Fostering an inclusive hiring process
These are resources I often recommend to help focus on different aspects of fostering an inclusive hiring process: from starting inside-out and considering your own team inclusivity, to reducing bias in job specs and hiring processes. Some are UK/London focussed as that’s where I’m based.
I last updated this list in November 2018.
- Textio - improves job specs + gives you masculine-feminine tone analysis
- Gender Decoder for Job Ads - open source tool based on the Gaucher, Friesen & Kay study for identifying gender-coded language in job ads
- Tech Talent Charter - UK-based commitment and guidelines around hiring and diversity
- London Tech Meetups - an open source list of London meetups for underrepresented groups in tech (disclaimer: I started it)
- Ada’s List - worldwide community and mailinglist for women and non-binary people in tech
- hiremorewomenintech.com - has an incomplete list of meetups worldwide, and also places to post jobs (also has some tips on job specs and other resources)
- Applied - evidence-based application scoring system to avoid bias
- Unbias - try anonymising your LinkedIn searching (disclaimer: I built this)
- Anonymise HackerRank - HackerRank is not my preference for a quality or inclusive candidate experience, but if you don’t have a choice, I built this Chrome Extension to anonymise candidate submissions